Suggestion


Good morning guys....

how are you today?hopefully you are always fine. well, for today we are going the learn about suggestion (saran).

 GIVING AND ASKING FOR SUGGESTION 

(MEMBERI DAN MEMINTA SARAN)

please watch this video !



    •  Social function

The way to express what they/we/I should do. Cara untuk mengekspresikan apa yang sebaiknya mereka/kami/saya lakukan.

    • Structure

(+) Subject + Should + Verb/Adjective/Adverb

(-) Subject + Should + not + Verb/Adjective/Adverb

(?) Should + Subject + Verb/Adjective/Adverb?

 

For examples

 Positive sentence, negative sentence, and interrogative sentence

 (+) I should sweep the dirty floor (saya sebaiknya menyapu lantai yang kotor)

(-) I should not sweep the dirty floor (saya sebaiknya tidak menyapu lamtai yang kotor)

(?) should I sweep the dirty floor? (haruskah saya menyapu lantai yang kotor?)

 

(+) You should remember your parents’ advices ( kamu sebaiknya mengingat nasehat-nasehat orang tuamu)

(-) you should not forget your parents’ advices (kamu sebaiknya tidak lupa nasehat-nasehat orang tuamu)

(?) should you remember your parents’ advices? ( haruskah kamu ingat nasehat-nasehat orang tuamu?)

 

(+) My mother should take care of my grandmother ( ibu saya sebaiknya merawat nenekku)

(-) my mother should not ignore my grandmother (ibuku sebaiknya tidak mengabaikan nenekku)

(?) should my mother take care of my grandmother? (haruskah ibuku merawat nenekku?)

 

study the following explanation !

1. asking for suggestion (meminta saran)

    • what should I do ? (apa yang sebaiknya saya lakukan?)
    • do you have any suggestion for me? (apakah kamu punya saran untukku?)
    • Will you give me some suggestion? (akankah kamu memberiku saran?)
    • what do you recommend ....? (apa yang kamu sarankan ....?)

2. Giving Suggestion ( memberi saran) 

    • I think you should .... (saya pikir kamu sebaiknya ....)
    • I advise you to .... (saya menasehati/menyarankan kamu untuk ...)
    • I suggest you to ....(saya menyarankan kamu untuk ...)
    • I recommend you to ... (saya merekomendasi kamu untuk ...)

3. Accepting Suggestion (menerima saran)

    • I will do / I will try that (saya akan melakukannya/ saya akan mencobanya)
    • what a good idea! (sungguh ide yang bagus)
    • why not? (mengapa tidak?)

4. Refusing Suggestion (menolak saran)

    • it's a bad idea  (itu ide yang buruk)
  • I don't feel like it (saya rasa tidak seperti itu)

Contoh Dialogue 

Helmy        : Hello, Reza. Have you been in the office?

Reza            : Of course. It’s almost seven. Where are you? I don’t see you.

Helmy        : I’m so sorry, Za. I’m still at home.

Reza            : Are you kidding? The meeting will begin at 7.30. Hurry up!

Helmy        : That’s the problem. My mother asks me to wait for her. What should I do?

Reza            : Should I delay the meeting? It’s impossible. The boss has come.

Helmy        : I should wait for her or she will be angry with me.

Reza            : Okay, calm down. Call her and tell her that you have a serious meeting.

Helmy        : That’s the problem. She left her phone cell on the table.

Reza            : Oh my God! You shoud not be late to the meeting.

Helmy        : Yeah, I know. Ah, here she is. Alright, I’m on the way to the office.

Reza            : Okay. Be careful!

Helmy            : Thanks. 


PLEASE WRITE THIS MATERIAL ON YOUR BOOK!! (SILAKAN TULIS MATERI INI DI BUKU KAMU!!)


Untuk soal dari materi diatas silakan kerjakan di link berikut : 

https://forms.gle/qxRgHohMdQY2NSB79

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

RECOUNT TEXT PERTEMUAN KEDUA

recount text

materi asking and giving attention